Baked Teriyaki Chicken
2/3 cup rice wine
1 cup Tay Giang's Soy Sauce
5 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp ginger, minced
7 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp pepper flakes
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp all purpose flour
6 chicken thighs, divided into drumsticks and upper thigh
1. In a small bowl, mix water and all purpose flour until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan or skillet, combine rice wine, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, ginger, garlic, black pepper, and pepper flakes. Mix until everything is combined.
3. On high eat bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat to medium high and let boil for 2-3 minutes.
4. Slowly drizzle flour mixture into the sauce mixture, stirring constantly.
5. Let cook for another 5 minutes on medium high heat. Remove from heat.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
7. Rinse chicken thighs and pat dry with a paper towel.
8. Lightly grease a baking sheet lined with foil.
9. Place thighs on the baking sheet and brush the thighs with the teriyaki sauce.
10. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush each piece generously with teriyaki sauce. Return to oven uncovered and continue baking.
11. After another 15 minutes remove and generously give the thighs another brushing of sauce. Repeat.
12. After 45 mins, remove from oven and serve with rice.